Sunday 16 September 2012

Nimzy: Fashion contest winner (interview)

Congratz to nimzy for winning the fashion contest! 
Dawn also took her interview:
Dawn: Tell us a bit about your outfit.
Nimzy: Well, my outfit consisted of a yellow slim top, beach hat for blonds, Easter skirt and sandals. Yes, it does sound like a random match, but for summer, even though it sounds unbelievable, these items look great together. The orange-y bit at the end of the skirt matches with the hat and even the shirt a little bit. So yeah, I kind of just went random in my closet with colours 

Dawn: How did you come up with your outfit? Did you have any inspiration for it?
Nimzy: To be honest, I wanted something that’d be comfortable for the beach. Not something like a bikini because I thought that’d be too mainstream. Most of the people would most likely do that anyways. I wanted to go for a bit of a tropical theme, but sadly, didn’t have the right colours (HINT for suggestions :P). But then I decided to go with the bright colours, which also kind of go with all the summer theme I had in mind. Here’s the science-y bit : Well, the dark colours absorb light or heat, which means if you were to wear, say, black during summers, you’d be on fire; quite literally, you would be. Whereas light or bright colours radiate light to the surrounding, making you feel cool and nice in your outfit. That’s merely the reason why I chose these colours.

Dawn: What’s your favorite part of your outfit?
Nimzy: My favourite part of the outfit has to be the skirt. Even though it is an Easter skirt, it is so fitting for summer. It’s like one of the long or mid-length skirt you see people wearing at the beaches sometimes, or even outside during summer. It’s really casual, comfortable and fashionable at the same time.

Dawn: What was your reaction when you knew you won?
Nimzy: I was rather surprised to be honest. I mean, there are so many fashionable ladies in sociotown, I wasn’t expecting to win. But it was a lovely surprise nevertheless. It was like one of those moments for me when you are going around the world with a smile on your face, because your heart is filled with joy ! 

Dawn: What will you do with your prize?
Nimzy: I most likely will be investing the prize money on lemonades. It’s too hot, so I will be needing the liquid to keep me hydrated. I shall also get myself some new clothes if possible, just in case there are more fashion contests

Dawn:Any message to your fellow Socians who are into fashion in SocioTown? 
Nimzy: Just be unique!  Being unique is the most amazing thing ever. I mean, you could wear the angel wings with an angel skirt and a halo, but then again that’d be too common. Giving it a twist like wearing angel wings with a devil skirt and a princess hat would make you an evil angel who’s also a princess.  That’d be much better…

Picture of her clothes that she wore.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Ocean Blue Surfboard